It was a pleasure to spend time with my Uncle Phil and his brother this past week. They have been touring Israel with a group from Lancaster Bible College, and I was glad my schedule permitted me to join them for their “free day” in Jerusalem. We were grateful for the cooler temperatures that accompanied the sand storm that descended on the city, but did regret that the bad weather limited our views. The typical bright blue sky was replaced for the day with this yellowish, hazy sky. We spent our day shopping in the Old City, walking along the top of the Old City walls, lunching by Damascus Gate, and exploring a bit of modern-day Jerusalem outside of the Old City walls.
J and I also enjoyed receiving Uncle Phil and Steve in our home for a dinner their last night in Jerusalem. It was a relaxing time during which we enjoyed hearing about their experiences and impressions of the Holy Land.
I always enjoy showing family and friends around this fascinating city and country. Please do come and visit!! We would love to also receive you as our guests!
No comments:
Post a Comment