What all can be done in one short week? Surprisingly a lot if you are planning a wedding, don't live where you are getting married, and have only one short week to spend in that location!
I have just returned from a 1-week trip to Pennsylvania. It was indeed a whirlwind tour filled with appointments and meetings. Our wedding is feeling very real to me after this week! Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I had my first wedding dress fitting :) Although details remain to be organized, I was also reminded that J and I have taken care of many of the big decisions related to wedding planning. It's fun to see things beginning to come together. We are both getting more and more excited for our special day. In case you are interested, the 10th of May is only 80 days away!!!
Although wedding details kept me busy, I also had time to spend with family and friends. In my typical fashion when visiting PA, I filled my spare time traveling across Lancaster and Chester counties visiting friends from all walks of my life. I quickly was reminded how much money I save by not having a car in Boston! My parents generously shared their car with me, and I spent a small fortune on gasoline. It put that $59 monthly subway pass in perspective.
I was glad to be at home when my dad had surgery to repair his shoulder. I promised him I wouldn't post any of the pictures I took of him when he first got home :) Thankfully the surgery went very well and he is on the road to recovery.
The highlight of my social agenda was meeting my cousin's 3-week old baby girl. Currently weighing in at only 8 pounds, she truly is a delightful blessing in a very small package! Amy Samantha...welcome to the Sauder family.
I'm now back in Boston and it is time to put wedding planning aside and focus once again on my student responsibilities. The looming deadlines should help me finish the work that must be done before May. Marrying J will be the best reward for a semester of hard work!
1 comment:
Dear Kim, after all your hard work in wedding planning, we recieved your card today. What a nice picture and a beatiful card!!
We wish you all the patience needed for the last few weeks...
Looking foreward to see you soon!
Love, Janneke
Post a Comment